Thursday, October 31, 2013

Work Wear: Chunky Sweater

Sweater- J.Crew Factory, Skirt- Loft (similar), Booties- Tahari (similar), Necklace- Forever 21 (similar) Watch- Fossil

I love mixing silhouettes, and a very easy way to do that for fall and winter is with a chunky sweater paired with a slim skirt or pant. For my take on this mix, I grabbed a striped pencil skirt and paired it with a coordinating sweater. I didn't want to lose my waist, so I decided to tuck my sweater in. Sometimes, this can look a bit bulky at your middle, so to combat that, tuck your sweater in and then pull it out a little so it hangs over your skirt. This looks a little more intentional than having your sweater be lumpy and bumpy underneath your skirt!


Linking up with Three-for Thurdsay: BethanyMeghan | Spotlight of the Week: Jacqueline & Elle | Tres Chic Thursday |  Mix and Match Fashion | Working Girl With Style

15 comments:

  1. That is such a cute outfit, love those shoes. I have been trying to get some new
    unique
    dresses
    to spruce up my wardrobe.
    Everything I own is outdated. This outfit would be perfect for work. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving those shoes! cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit Katie. And those shoes and necklace rock!!!!!

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this striped skirt and sweater combo on you, Katie! The colors are perfect for fall. =)

    http://www.avecamber.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/avecamber

    I hope you are having a great week!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this mix of textures for a work outfit, Katie. And those booties are awesome!

    Happy Halloween!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The necklace and sweater are gorge together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cute! I just love a chunky sweater with a pencil skirt, and i love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dropping by from Three fer Thursday! I'm so glad chunky sweaters are a big trend this fall, so comfy! Love this look, especially that necklace.

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments!