Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sweatshirt Chic

Sweatshirt- Forever 21 (similar), Skirt- Zara (similar), Boots- LC Lauren Conrad, Bag- Phillip Lim x Target, Necklace (worn as bracelet)- Nordstrom, Earrings- Forever 21

Embellished sweatshirts are a big hit for fall, so I was very happy to find this one in the back of my closet and come up with some more creative ways to style it. Embellished sweatshirts easily take you from day to night since they are a really casual piece, but the embellishments dress up your look just enough for a night out. This season, I've seen sweatshirts styled with leather leggings, pencil skirts, full tulle skirts, and tons of other ways. I chose to pair mine with a striped mini skirt. I tested out the "half-tuck" and rolled up my sleeves in attempt to achieve that effortless J.Crew-esque look that I am always aiming to replicate. I really liked the end result!

12 comments:

  1. Love the way you styled your sweatshirt! I love tucking them in too!! It is always nice to find a hidden gem that you already have and put it to good use. And your bag is gorgeous ;]

    XO Barbie

    The Parlor Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this look:) pairing sweatshirts with skirts is my favorite for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweatshirts CAN be chic- this outfit proves that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can't even tell you how much I love this! That polished skirt and the edgy ankle boots are perfect with the sweatshirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the Wednesday Style Connection! Love this sweatshirt with the skirt! I'm loving the embellished sweatshirt so much this fall too :)

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dressing up a sweatshirt with a skirt!! Beautiful embellished shoulders too :)

    Veloria in Velvet
    www.veloriainvelvet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much! I've been a half-tucking machine lately! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited that they are becoming acceptable for more occasions than laying around the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much Madeline!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments!