Thursday, October 10, 2013

How We Wore It: Fall Plaid



Today I've teamed up with Jessica of Afternoon Style for a collaboration around plaid! We decided to do a post together after I noticed a comment on her Instagram that she is a Shailene Woodley lookalike. I have been told soooo many times that I look like Shailene, especially when The Secret Life of the American Teenager first came out. Since we have the same celebrity doppelganger, obviously that means Jessica and I are twins! Lol. 

We both love plaid for fall, so we each styled a look based on the trend. I work a 9 to 5 job, so I put together a work look centered around my new favorite plaid blazer. Jessica is a student, so she styled a super cute casual look using a plaid button up and striped tee.


My outfit details: Blazer- Target, Chambray- Marshalls (similar), Skirt- Marshalls (similar), Wedges- Forever 21 (similar), Bag- Phillip Lim x Target, Necklace- Express, Watch- Fossil, Bracelet- Target, Sunglasses- similar

So what do you think? Do we look alike?


Linking up with Fashion and Faith Bloggers | Three-for Thurdsay: BethanyMeghan | Spotlight of the Week: Jacqueline & Elle | Tres Chic Thursday | Mix and Match Fashion | Working Girl With Style

18 comments:

  1. I can see the Shailene resemblance in both of you, crazy! You both styled plaid so well. I've been eyeing up some pieces to add to my wardrobe for fall. LOVE the button down and the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look so cute!
    Love that blazer on you...one I regret not picking up and haven't seen in my store again.


    PS: There's a little award going around called the Versatile Blogger Award and I nominated you! Love your style and wanted to give you some blog love!


    Check out my latest post for the deets.


    xo Ashton

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys DO look alike! Love the way you've each styled plaid- such a great trend for fall. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obsessed with the reemergence of plaid!! What a great blazer...so versatile! Loving how you look so sophisticated in this outfit :)

    Veloria in velvet
    www.veloriainvelvet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been debating on that blazer and may have to snag it now! Thanks for sharing your look with Three-fer Thursday!

    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for plaids. I love plaids and you totally rock it in this outfit. What a fun & fab look!


    xoxo, Alina
    http://stylebyalina.com/pre-holiday-sparkle-chiffon-asymmetric-dress-sequin-handbag/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your plaid work look! That blazer is super cute.

    Amy
    Mariposa Medley Jewelry
    www.mariposamedley.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO cuter! Love the plaid blazer. I love all plaid for fall. Great look! Have a wonderful weekend!


    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of mixing stripes and plaid! super cute!

    http://cloudywithachanceofcolor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Alison! I'm on the hunt for more plaid too! Next on my list is the perfect plaid button down :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Ashton! I am so flattered you nominated me! I'll definitely check out your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Madeline!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely pick it up! Its so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Alina!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Nikki! Hope your weekend was great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree! Jessica did a great job styling her look :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments!