Thursday, May 29, 2014

Work Wear: Nautical Inspired

 Jacket- c/o Sheinside, Tee- J.Crew Factory, Skirt- H&M (similar), Heels- Zara, Necklace- Lulu's, Watch- Fossil

Nautical inspired outfits are a no-brainer for summer casual wear, so I figured why not incorporate the trend into my workwear? This navy lace skirt was probably the best thing I've ever found at H&M. I wish it was still in stock online so I could link it for you! I added this printed jacket from Sheinside to add just a little more detail and print mix to my look made up of otherwise basic pieces.

Yesterday, I posted on Johanna's blog about the nine closet staples you need for summer! Check out the post here.


Linking up with Three-for Thurdsay | Spotlight of the Week: Jacqueline & Elle
Tres Chic Thursday |  Mix and Match Fashion

18 comments:

  1. I'm in shock that the skirt is from H&M. Kudos for finding an amazing deal. Definitely pinning this look for later. I love all the textures and patterns going on. The neutral shoe really balances the entire outfit. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous skirt. Love the outfit. Well done Katie. Great outfit.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty, so well put together and polished! You're so pretty, and your sense of style is darling! ;)

    God bless,

    XO, Claire

    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this polished look for work!


    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love anything nautical, and your jacket is simply to die for.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Meghan! I was a little scared of the jacket clashing, but it ended up being a pretty successful print/texture mix :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Claire! You are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty look - love the navy lace skirt!


    Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this outfit! Cute skirt!

    xoxo

    Oby Grace
    http://ispyoby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your printed jacket is PERFECTION. This pairing is lovely!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ughhh I WANT THAT SKIRT! Such a gorgeous color and length, so jealous! It looks lovely on you, and this entire outfit is a winner :) thanks for the shoutout, and thanks even more for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Johanna! I seriously love this skirt so much that it made me mad when it sold out online! I wanted everyone I know to buy it because its so great :) I actually ordered two sizes when I ordered it to make sure it fit right, and ended up selling the other size to a friend at work who loved it too

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's actually still available in the German store, but I'm on a shopping ban -- argh! I am keeping an eye on it though, if it goes on sale, I am pouncing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments!