Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Summer Ready

 Tank- c/o Aeropostale, Shorts- c/o Aeropostale, Wedges- Banana Republic (similar), Bag- David Jones

I'm probably not alone in the minute feeling of dread that comes along with summer. Don't get me wrong...there are many things I love about summer; pool days, sno cones, more sunlight. But, hot weather= showing more skin while wearing our shorts and bathing suits. I've been spending some time in the gym to combat my fear of stepping out in smaller pieces of clothing, but mother nature isn't giving me any relief here. Living in Texas, we probably get at least four months straight of 90+ degree days. And that four months started this past Saturday!

Since it's already way too hot for jeans, boyfriend shorts are my new BFF. (Okay, these aren't actually called "boyfriend shorts," but I sized up so they fit looser overall. Aeropostale's actual boyfriend shorts kind of overwhelmed my short legs, but they are super cute!) In previous years, I've always ended up buying shorts that were tight on my thighs, and that just isn't comfortable at all. These shorts are perfect for keeping as cool as possible in hot weather. They hang low on my hips and are loose fitting in the legs to give the same look as boyfriend shorts. If you are short (I'm 5'3") and have hips like me, I suggest skipping on true "boyfriend shorts" and sizing up in a slimmer fitting pair for the same look without overwhelming your frame, or making your hips appear larger than they are. This pair is Aeropostale's midi short, which comes in ten different washes.

Another trick for short girls wearing shorts? Skip the flat sandals (if you aren't doing too much walking) and go for wedges instead. They are much more comfortable than heels, and make your legs appear much longer and more toned than flats!


16 comments:

  1. love that top girl!


    XO Meghan
    citrus fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that top and those wedges! Gorgeous!

    The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pretty and colorful top! It's totally perfect for summertime!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how you feel. I love shorts but don't feel comfortable in the short shorts you usually find in stores. The ones you are wearing look great, not tight or too short.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem with shorts being tight on my legs but these boyfriend shorts just may be the key to my problem!
    You look great doll! I love this look all around!!


    www.iwouldsorockthis.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great shorts! Perfectly distressed. Love your layered necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here here about the nasty summer heat. The pattern on that top is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit. Perfect for summer. I can't wait for the summer heat to arrive!!!!!

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pattern of that top. This outfit is perfect for summer. Also, sidenote, you are so pretty!
    I did purchase some great tops for summer from americanfashionfox.com. But still browsing through the online inventory for a unique, one of a kind styles. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute outfit! Great tip with the wedges. I'm tall (5'7'') but I love wearing a least a little heel with shorts for the slimming effect!


    Katie - See What Katie Wears

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are adorable- and you look so cute here!

    Love the tank, and those shorts are perfect. I size up sometimes too to get a slouchier feel. All the cool kids are doing it. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the boyfriend shorts! I like that they are slouchy and less Daisy Duke- esque (I am too old for that!). Love that colorful tank too!


    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Faith Ansah BaylissMay 9, 2014 at 6:48 AM

    Such a fabulous look on you! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally agree on the wedges! Wedges are so flattering with shorts, just as yours are here! And you always remind me that I don't spend enough time at Aeropostale! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally agree that shorts digging into your thighs is the WORST! I feel for you and the heat, but you should send some over here... it's so cold here still.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a cute summer outfit! Simple and easy, but the heels and fun pattern of the top add interest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments!