Thursday, December 27, 2012

Work Wear: Suit Up

I remember the very first suit I bought. It was my senior year of college, and I figured I needed one for upcoming job interviews. I got a gray blazer and matching Editor pants from Express. I later went back and bought a pencil skirt in the same gray shade and fabric. I used to wear that thing with solid white or black tees underneath and black pumps. Now, one word comes to mind - boring!

Now that I've been in the working world for for a few years, my take on the classic suit is a little different. Who cares if both pieces are the same color or fabric? And why wear a solid color underneath when you can do a fun print? While you're at it, go ahead and throw on a tasteful piece of statement jewelry. I've also upgraded my black pumps for something a little more fashion forward, and I still look just as put together as I did in that gray suit.

Jacket- Gap, Top- JC Penney, Skirt- Loft, Shoes- Zara, Jewelry- Forever 21

<3 Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments!