Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Style Diary is Two!

Jacket- Forever 21, Dress- JCPenney (old), Heels- JustFab (similar), Purse- Francesca's

It has been two years since I first hit the publish button on this blog of mine! Last year, I put on a special outfit to commemorate the occasion. That gold Juicy Couture blazer I had on is a rarely worn but greatly loved piece in my closet. This year, my fur jacket felt like just the piece to round out my second year of blogging. I'm still waiting for a real life occasion to wear it, but this will do for now!

I have scaled my blog down a lot in my second year, totaling 77 posts in 2014 as opposed to 236 in 2013. At the beginning of this year, I made the decision that blogging needed to take a backseat to the more important things in life. I found that when I tried to post four or five times a week, my posts and outfits were lacking originality and creativity. Creating content purely for the sake of consistency is hard. It wore on me. I wanted to post things I was proud of- things that I loved. I can honestly say that every look I have posted this year is one that I wore in real life (with the exception of the one above) and 90% of them were shot the day I wore the outfit. Doing my outfit shoots this way makes life so much easier for me. I typically only spend about 30 minutes a week shooting as opposed to a few hours!

This year, my boyfriend shot almost all of my outfits, so I owe him a big THANK YOU. Sometimes, because I want to make sure we get the right shots the first time, I make the situation a little more stressful than it needs to be (#honestmoment). He was a great sport, and I think that maybe, just maybe, he has grown to enjoy taking pictures for me. I love that he is a part of this little hobby of mine.

To those of you who have stuck around over the past two years, I owe you a big thank you as well! I truly appreciate those of you who take the time to read and comment. It's so cool to have a hobby that can connect you with girls all over the world!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy blog birthday - loving this outfit, the faux fur jacket is so luxe and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and happy blog birthday! Love this outfit- you look like a glam model!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary! I totally understand the struggle between quality and quantity, an I definitely think that real life genuine outfits are better...even if we post them less often. Also, there should probably be a support group for boyfriends/fiances/husbands who take outfit photos! Thank goodness for the guys :)

    xo
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fur jacket is perfect. Happy Blogiversary!

    EatPrayWearLove

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! Love your faux fur coat!

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com

    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments!