I did it...I stayed within my budget this month! Thanks to Loft's amazing 60% off sale and a $20 off coupon for Charming Charlie, I was able to get some really good deals in January. I'm excited to be off to a good start this year as far as clothes budgeting goes. I'm trying to focus on getting some more work bottoms since a lot of mine don't fit anymore. I finally got into a healthier eating and workout regimen towards the end of last year, and good progress means a really awesome reason to need new clothes!
Here are the details:
1. Over the Knee Boots (Forever 21, sold out) - A great affordable way to get the look of Stuart Weitzmans without paying several hundred dollars. You can read more about what I think about them in my post from yesterday.
2. Crossbody Bag (Charming Charlie) - I love forest green and have been wanting a darker colored small bag for days I don't want to carry a big bag with me. Seen here.
3. Faux Leather Skirt (Loft) - Even though this is supposed to be a mini skirt, it's knee length on me so it works for a lot of different occasions. One of my goals this year is to buy more knee length skirts that I can wear to work/church/etc, and less mini skirts which are way less practical. Worn here.
4. Jacquard Pants (Loft) - These pants have a great subtle pattern on them that can be easily mixed with other prints. I've only worn them with solid tops so far but I'm going to break out of my comfort zone for some pattern mixing soon.
5. Black Jeans (Loft) - I haven't had a pair of black jeans that fit in a while, aside from a pair with ripped knees. I wanted a pair that I could dress up or down and I managed to get these in store for only $14! I've been wearing them constantly when I'm not a work. Worn here.
6. Gray Booties (Forever 21) - I had a pair of Zara gray boots on my wishlist, but they never came back in stock. These are pretty similar and look really cute with skinnies tucked in. Worn here.
7. Gold Necklace (Forever 21) - A fun simple piece that I can pair with everything.
8. Gray Wool Skirt (Loft) - Another great Loft steal from their 60% off sale. This would be perfect to tuck a plaid shirt in to. I wore it once but forgot to snap a picture for Instagram.
9. Stud Earrings (Forever 21, sold out) - I am a lover of stud earrings of all shapes and sizes. This is a fun pair that have a retro, art deco vibe.
10. Maroon Hat (Anthropologie, sold out) - I waited to pick up this hat until it went on sale so I got it for a great price. I didn't care for the gold braided detail around it, so I cut that part off. Such a cute hat!. Worn here.
Double Layer Top (Loft, sold out) - Absolutely love this faux layered top that looks like it has a white button-up underneath it. It makes "layering" easy! Worn here.
Faux Fur Stole (Charming Charlie, sold out) - I love a little faux fur detail, and this $5 stole is perfect to thrown on over any simple coat or jacket. Worn here.
Gray Hat (Charming Charlie, sold out) - Snagged this great hat for only $8! You can see it in my post from yesterday here.
Black Dress (Charming Charlie, sold out)
Linking up with Budgeting Bloggers