Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Fall Outfit Inspiration


There's nothing like a season change to really get me excited about clothes again. I've been itching to get back to doing outfit posts, but after a two month break, I needed a bit of direction. I've been scouring the web for outfits to gain inspiration from. My goal is to use these photos to spark my creativity in upcoming outfit posts. I want to challenge myself to come up with something new and different than I have before.

One thing I've found that's different about the styles I've been drawn too lately is that I'm finally getting in to menswear and tomboy inspired looks. I consider myself a girly girl through and through, but this season I'm really interested to try the pinstripes and sharp collars of menswear, and the plaid shirts and boyfriend jeans of tomboy-ish looks. The sporty trend is another I've been intrigued by since the summer; a bomber jacket and a baseball tee have made their way into my closet recently and I'm just waiting for cooler weather so I can wear them!

I've seen a lot of "model off duty" looks lately, you know, the outfits models throw on so effortlessly to get from one fashion show to the next during NYFW. I really want to try and channel their easy layers, and I can't wait to wear my Forever 21 fur jacket to recreate a look similar to Liu Wen's above. I'm also dying to try layering in the form of sweaters over skirts.

Of course, I couldn't possibly leave out the ever popular dark florals trend! I rediscovered some pieces in my closet to help me emulate the dark floral print and collar of that gorgeous Erin Featherston dress from her 2014 fall collection.

I'm very inspired and excited to post new outfits, and I hope you'll stick around to see what I come up with!

1 comment:

  1. Great inspirational pics!


    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments!